Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases - SSI
The Society was founded in 1990. Its missions are amongst others:
- to offer a high quality training program in infectious diseases compatible with professional requirements in Switzerland and Europe
- to continue to develop a high level of research (both basic and clinical) in infectious diseases in Switzerland
- to improve the infrastructure to pursue these activities
- to educate the medical profession on problems related to infectious diseases
- to promote awareness in the medical community of their activities
- to promote public awareness of public health issues such as the development of resistance in common microorganisms
The Society has around 340 members.
President: Prof. Pierre-Yves Bochud, MD, Lausanne
Swiss Society for Hospital Hygiene - SSHH
Founded in 1974, the society is an independent, multi-professional, non-profit association. The Swiss Society for Hospital Hygiene:
- is committed to education and training in infection prevention
- works in an advisory role for authorities, committees and professional societies
- develops in collaboration guidelines and standards for the prevention of nosocomial infections
With members such as infection prevention experts and physicians, but also other professionals such as microbiologists, pharmacists and representatives of industry, the SSHH represents all major medical institutions of Switzerland.
The Society has around 300 members (individuals and institutions).
President: Matthias Schlegel, MD, St.Gallen